In the Music Room
• Inspires a love of music from an early age
• Enhances every area of your child’s development (cognitively, socially, emotionally, physically and musically)
• Provides quality time with parent
• Research-proven activities for valuable learning
• Provides a valuable support network
• Gives you tools and downloadable resources to continue the learning at home:
– How to engage your child in following instruction
– How to use songs in your daily routine to make life a little easier
– How to use songs and rhymes to increase your child’s language and vocabulary
– How to use songs and movement games to build your child’s cognitive develpment
Suitable for: 10-24 Months (+younger siblings welcome)
While your little bee takes his/her first few steps and falls in the big world, give them the extraordinary gift of music to help them along their new path. The time between when your child is born until age 7 is the most important time for learning and brain development and music has been proven many times over to be the best way to stimulate brain development in children, to give them the strongest foundations to grow and thrive. Our resarch-based Kindermusik Program for Tiny Bees is filled with singing, playing and vibrant music making that will help them to develop body coordination, movement, speech and language.
Giving your child the experience of learning in a caring, loving and safe environment will help them blossom with confidence and grow in leaps and bounds.
Suitable for: 2 Year Olds (+younger siblings welcome)
Watch your little bee take flight as she masters jumping, twirling, tapping a steady beat and new vocabulary skills in our Bouncing Bees program designed by the world-leader in early childhood music:
Your child will be enthusiastically tap and bang on our huge drums, will love dancing with scarves and ribbons, shaking the parachute and so much more.
We’ll help you bring out the very best in your child – You will be amazed at your child’s fascination with music and capacity to learn in this delightfully engaging and flexible environment. Best of all, you’re right there with your child, interacting with one another, learning together, supporting a musical head start, and making the most of this precious time in the life of your child.
Suitable for: 3-4 Year Olds (+younger siblings up to 18mths welcome)
Our 3 Yr old Program wraps your little one in a world of make-believe accompanied by incredible musical learning. They will go sailing on breezy, calm seas with animated pirates; tumble and scamper around like a clown in the circus and go on wild adventures, including fast, whistling train rides.
Whilst your busy little bee is exploring their world of imagination, they’ll also be:
- tuning up their singing voice with our professional singers;
- fine-tuning their listening skills as we teach them to hear and respond to musical patterns;
- strum chords on ukulele;
- use their whole body to respond to music through joyful movement using hoops, parachute, balls and more;
- gain a sense of rhythm as they play back rhythmic patterns on the drums and so much more.
Suitable for: 4-5 Year Olds (drop off program)
Our 4 Yr Old Musical Bees Program nurtures your child’s creative flow, strengthening the natural connection they share with the marvel of music and giving them the confidence and skill to create their own.
Based on the successful Orff and Kodaly approaches to teaching music through expressive movement, listening, echoing and patterns, our classes provide your child with the right environment for them to spread their wings and let their musical skills soar.
Your child will dance, move and playfully experience songs and stories that are designed to lead to deeper learning.
- Learn to strum 1 and 2 chord songs on the ukulele.
- Learn to create stories through sound.
- Develop the ability to hear, sing and play back tunes on xylophone.
- Learn to sing in tune.
- Discover that music can be written down, and begin to read music using symbols, pictures and rhythmic notes.
- Participate in group music making using percussion, drums, ukulele, recorder and xylophone.
Hive Music Teachers
Get to Know Hive
Our 2 Week Trial Pass is the perfect way
to find the right class fit for your child at Hive.
Attend any* 2 Group classes within 2 weeks for just $25.
*Not applicable to the Bee-School program
(3 hour session for $49)
OR Visual Arts (2 classes for $49)
Class Fees 2023
OPTION 1: Term Fees Upfront:
- 1 & 2 year old Classes: $220 for 10 weeks
- 3-4 year old Class: $230 for 10 weeks
- 4-5 year olds Class ( drop off, smaller class): $240 for 10 weeks
(pro-rated where a new enrolment begins after the term start date)
OPTION 2: Monthly Flexi-Plan (available for Baby & Toddler classes only)
- 1 class per week: $26 per class debited from your saved payment method one month in advance in accordance with our payment schedule
- 2 classes per week: $44 per week billed one month in advance
Younger siblings fees: Discounted fees apply for siblings younger than the recommended age of the class.
Siblings under 10 months attend free, but need to be in a bouncer, capsule or front pack during the class (no prams).
Siblings over 10 months: $12 per class / $120 for 10 weeks. (does not apply to 4-5 year old class).
- Makeups for missed classes can be booked via the client portal where your absence has been notified by 8am on the day of your class.
- Refund Policy: Refunds in the form of money back to you, credit towards your fees for the same child or a different child are not given for change of mind or change of circumstances or for any other reason, with the exception of any provisions under the ACCC.
Term enrolment Policy
- Please choose your class enrolment carefully. Once you enrol, you are committing to the full or remaining term of classes.
- No cancellations are accepted during the current term after the start date for the term.
Monthly flexi plan policy (ONLY available for Baby & Toddler classes)
- Please choose your class enrolment carefully. Once you enrol, you are committing to the full or remaining month of classes.
- Cancellations can be placed PRIOR to the 1st of the month and will be actioned on the 1st of that month. Late cancellations will be actioned at the end of the month they were received in.
Let's Start a Conversation
8 Frederick Street, Charlestown 2290