3 YEAR OLDS
Whilst your busy little bee is exploring their world of imagination, they’ll also be:
- tuning up their singing voice with our professional singers;
- fine-tuning their listening skills as we teach them to hear and respond to musical patterns;
- strum chords on ukulele;
- use their whole body to respond to music through joyful movement using hoops, parachute, balls and more;
- gain a sense of rhythm as they play back rhythmic patterns on the drums and so much more.
Based on the successful Orff and Kodaly approaches to teaching music through expressive movement, listening, echoing and patterns, our classes provide your child with the right environment for them to spread their wings and let their musical skills soar.
Your child will dance, move and playfully experience songs and stories that are designed to lead to deeper learning.
- Learn to strum 1 and 2 chord songs on the ukulele.
- Learn to create stories through sound.
- Develop the ability to hear, sing and play back tunes on xylophone.
- Learn to sing in tune.
- Discover that music can be written down, and begin to read music using symbols, pictures and rhythmic notes.
- Participate in group music making using percussion, drums, ukulele, recorder and xylophone.
Our 5-8 Year Piano Prep program primes students on the fundametals needed to continue onto our Piano program. Students build skills in the following areas:
- Develop their ukulele and singing skills
- Teaching the children more advanced level performing as well as the practice and actual performance experience.
- Working on ensemble playing, technique, developing fine motor skills, and musicality.
- Introducing Solfege and Pitch Matching to develop their understanding of relative pitch.
- Encourage students to find their voice and expand their singing abilities and control.
- Learning to play the Xylophone helps them begin to understand visual cues and colour coding that can translate directly onto the Piano.
- Help students begin to develop coordination.
Music Theory & Reading
- We work on a range of exercises focussed on helping children read, write and understand the principles of written music.
- Exposing children to orchestral music and a variety of other unique forms of music they usually would not be exposed to. This helps them develop the ability to hear different timbres, and qualities and characteristics of instruments.
Students attend a weekly 30 min class and need to complete home practice for approx 5-10 min per day, 4 days per week. If your child is under 10 yrs old, plan to sit with them during practice time each day as they’ll need your guidance and encouragement. You’ll need a basic keyboard or piano and an ipad or laptop to complete the home practice.
Once you and your child are ready to join piano classes at Hive, we carefully group them with children of a similar age and who are at the same level.
NB: To enrol, you must follow the link to the online enrolment form and our friendly staff will be in touch.
Children under 8 yrs of age must begin in the Musical Bees 5-8 yr old class where our skilled teachers will develop their musical ear, teach them to sing in tune, play ukulele and piano, and work with them to develop the finger strength and fine motor control needed to be successful in a Piano Bees class.
Children over 8 yrs of age: there are no pre-requisites.
Music Fees 2021
Kindermusik Classes $21/week/student*
Piano Group Classes $25/week/student
Piano Private Lesson $35/week/student
* Multi-class discount applies. 2 classes for $35/student
Includes UNLIMITED makeup classes: simply notify your absence and book a makeup using the CLIENT PORTAL.
Billing: Fees are billed monthly on the 1st of each month for the number of scheduled classes in that month. Cancellations must be submitted BEFORE the 1st of the month. Late cancellations are processed the following month.
Covid 19 Plan
Should the Hive be required to close at any time due to COVID 19 in our community, the following plan will be implemented:
All classes will continue using our live online learning format. Students will have access to unlimited online classes in both drama and musical theatre for the same weekly price.
Should you wish to cancel your classes until we reopen – simply follow the usual cancellation process. You can continue online until the end of the month.
Hive Music Teachers
Kindermusik & Piano
Kindermusik & Piano Prep
Shue Yin Tan
Get to Know Hive
Our 2 Week Trial Pass is the perfect way to find the right class fit for your child at Hive.
Attend 2 of any classes within 2 weeks for just $35.
Let's Start a Conversation
8 Frederick Street, Charlestown 2290