Music Making classes in Newcastle for Children age 3 - 8 yrs
Do you want your child to have a great start in music? Musical Bees provides the ideal approach, class environment and program to inspire your child’s love of music, develop real musical talent and increase their confidence.
Based on the successful Orff and Kodaly approaches to teaching music through expressive and creative learning through play, our progressive age-specific programs are designed to build a solid foundation of musical skills and nurture musical talent at every stage.
Our 3 yr old program develops the skill of focused listening, getting your child ready to play songs by ear on xylophone and recorder in our 4-5 yr old program. Children enjoy early experiences in strumming ukuleles and playing rhythmic patterns on xylophones.
Later on, in our Musical-Bees 5 – 6 yr old program, your child will learn to read and write music using a Kodaly approach, and learn to play simple tunes on the keyboard.
Following on from our Musical Bees program, your child can continue to develop their musical talent through our Simply Music Piano program, Voice or Guitar classes.
Click on your child’s age group to find out more.
Programs that extend after Musical Bees:
- Piano Bees 5 – 14 yr olds
- Strumming Bees Guitar 8 – 14 yr olds
- Humming Bees Singing Classes 5 -8 & 8-16 yr olds
- Private lessons: Voice, Piano, Guitar
Programs that precede Musical Bees:
Why Choose Hive
- Purpose built classrooms: Hive’s classrooms are beautiful learning spaces, with comfy carpet, air conditioning and a vast collection of authentic musical instruments for your child to learn to play.
- Innovative Teaching: It’s easy to find fun kids activity classes to keep children busy. However Hive classes are different. Our teachers have that perfect blend of creativity, raw talent, fun loving personalities and genuine care for each and every child, backed up by a world-wide musical learning program that is based on neural research.
- Inspiring Learning Programs: Our programs are specifically designed to develop core music skills using innovative teaching techniques that engage children in multi-sensory learning in a playful manner.
- Recommended by Preschool & Primary Teachers: With benefits like increased cognitive function, increased vocabulary, early math and pre-reading skills, the Kindermusik program, used in our Hive music classes, is widely promoted by teachers and pediatricians worldwide.
- Awesome makeups system: Unlimited makeups during the term of enrolment. Simply book them online for any other week day during the term.
- Great locations: Charlestown – close to Charlestown Square.
- Click the relevant link for specific class info.