Drama for 8 - 14 Year Olds
How great are those little moments in life that actually invite and encourage you to relax and truly be yourself. To break free, dance like nobody is watching and sing loudly and vivaciously. To let your world run wild in your imagination…a world where absolutely anything is possible.
The supportive and relaxed environment we create in our Stage Bees classes will ignite your child’s individuality and imagination. With our friendly teachers at their side providing drama instruction your child’s imagination and hidden creative talents will roam free. They will be drawn into a journey of discovery, self-expression and friendship and gain confidence, grow and thrive.
While every experience in our Stage Bees Program is precious to your child’s development and exciting, the magic of presenting their own class performance each term is one they (and you) will cherish forever.
About our Stage-Bee Keeper:
Alex graduated from Newcastle University in 2011. She was awarded first class honours with the university medal for her double degree in Primary teaching and Arts, majoring in Drama and primary music. Alex has also taken courses in acting at NIDA and the Urdang academy in London.
Prior to completing her degree, Alex worked as an Actor in both Australia and London. Aside from performing in classical theatre, Alex performed in a variety of Children’s shows which toured extensively throughout the UK and Victoria. Alex has also appeared in numerous tv commercials and short films as well as working for Newcastle’s NXFM and KOFM for over ten years.
Alex is a very passionate drama teacher who aims to teach children the classical craft of acting and performance skills.
Alex is the daughter of Victor Emeljanow who is the longest serving Professor of Drama in Australian history as well as an accomplished Director and Author. Alex is also proud mum to her two little girls, Aria and Ayla.
What your child will experience in Stage Bees:
- Build team and communication skills, helping them to learn about working with others.
- Develop empathy as they ‘become’ other characters
- Participate in drama games that involve exploring different characters, improvising and performing on stage.
- Grow your child’s/teens self-confidence and improve their memory and creativity all through drama and performance.
- Enjoy the proud moment when you watch your child shine bright, confident and impressive on stage at our end of term performances.
Why Choose Hive
- Central venue, walking distance from Charlestown Square
- Comfortable, Air conditioned classrooms and waiting lounge
- Easy makeups system for missed classes
- Experienced, qualified drama teachers
- No costume costs or ticket fees for performances
- Age appropriate themes and story content are carefully selected.
- Ages: 8-14
- Class size: up to 12 per teacher
- Class length: 1 hour
- Program length: 10 week term
- Cost: Standard fee – $189 term fee upfront
- Cost: Multi Class fee – $169 term fee upfront (for children enrolled in 2 or more Hive programs*) *conditions apply
- Payment Options: Pay upfront or by monthly installments. Visa & Mastercard accepted
- Makeups: Makeup your missed classes in any Hive class that suits your child’s age range, within the term that you’re enroled in.