Music Makers Classes in Newcastle, Designed for 4 - 6 Year Olds
Our 4-5 yr old Musical Bees Program nurtures your child’s creative flow, strengthening the natural connection they share with the marvel of music and giving them the confidence to create their own.
Based on the successful Orff approach to teaching music through expressive and creative learning through play, our classes provide your child with the right environment for them to spread their wings and let their musical skills soar.
Your Child Will..
- Dance, move and playfully experience songs and stories that are designed to lead to deeper learning.
- Learn to strum chords on the ukulele as we sing along to favourite songs.
- Learn to create stories through sound. Matching sounds and rhythms on the ukulele and xylophone will challenge your little bee to really explore everything that is special about creating their own music.
- Develop their aural ability – that is the ability to hear and sing or play back musical sounds.
- Discover their singing voice! Pitch-matching games and learning solfege (hand signals that demonstrate pitch) create a joyful learning environment for your child and help them to sing in tune…and you might just find that you can’t help enjoying yourself too.
- Learn to follow a conductor as part of a group, and to make group music by playing when it is their turn.
- Learn to play tunes and rhythms on the big xylophones in a small group.
Why Choose Hive
- Trained, qualified teachers who are chosen for their exceptional skill in working with young children.
- Hive is in the top 1% of Kindermusik studios in the world, recognized for excellence in teaching and service to the community.
- Established, progressive learning programs: Hive teaches the Kindermusik program which is thoroughly researched and well written by a team of early childhood music educators.
- Wide variety of instruments and experiences.
- Generous makeup policy: unlimited makeups within your term of enrolment.
- Beautiful classrooms and comfortable waiting lounge.
- Convenient location – walking distance from Charlestown Square
- All class music is available to download at home and the cost included in your fees
- Ages: 4-5 years
- Class size: up to 8 children to 1 teacher
- Class length: 60 minutes
- Program length: 10 week term
- Parents: This is a drop – off class. Parents can watch through the window and hear the class from our comfortable waiting room.
- Class Fees:
- Members – $23 per session per child, billed by the month at $76
- Joining fee of $55 for new or lapsed members
- Non-Members – $27 per session per child, billed by the term at $270
- Includes: All Class songs Mp3s, stories and home activities